1. With summer just around the corner, what is your favorite workout to slim legs so they look fabulous in shorts?
My absolute favorite leg workout is classic Pilates– it lengthens thighs in all the right ways. For some reason, Pilates results are so flattering on the female body. I notice a huge difference with two to three days a week of Pilates. I also like mixing in cardio- think elliptical, hiking, and/or tennis. And of course, I teach Pure Barre and that has changed the shape of my thighs in all the right ways.
2. I know a lot of people are curious about juicing these days, what are your thoughts?
Anyone that reads my website knows I love juicing. It’s a great way to get nutrients in when you’re on the go. I recently completed a juice cleanse that completely kickstarted my metabolism. My favorite juice can be found here: it tastes just like lemonade! If you juice at home, I recommend the VitaMix. Usually, I’ll add ginger, lemon, and garlic to my juice.
For desserts, I snack on raspberries stuffed with dark chocolate, rolled oatmeal melted with dark chocolate chips and a scoop of almond butter with cinnamon, or Ciao Bella’s all-natural ice cream (I am borderline obsessed with their Key Lime flavor).
4. What are your favorite music artists that inspire you to work out?
Some of my favorites include: Nero, David Guetta, Madeon, Kaskade, The Nervo Twins, Foster the People, and/or Empire of the Sun. For my two favorite playlists click here and here.
5. I am always needing coffee to jump start my morning, but honestly what is a more natural way to get the morning boost?
I enjoy my one cup a day. Typically it’s Starbuck iced coffee with a splash of soy, no sweetener, with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. It jumpstarts my day. If you’re looking for a healthy option, start with a kale smoothie with pineapple, berries, and a splash of OJ or Mighty Leaf Green Tropical Tea (amazing!). I also love Starbucks iced green tea with no water, and a splash of passion fruit tea (w/ no sweetener too). Vitamins always work for energy too; I get B12 shots every month too.
6. Have you found any makeup that will last through a workout sesh?
To be honest, I am not too big on makeup while I am working out. I like clean skin with sunscreen & some tinted moisturizer. Since I want to break a sweat I prefer to go sans makeup. But Bare Minerals makes some great products that are all-natural and workout friendly.
I was telling you all that Pure Barre was a-mazing for your thighs!!
Lauryn is my go-to website when I need a lil boost in my workout routine, need a healthy recipe, or just want to see what is happening in her skinny world!
If you are looking for more healthy get fit for summer tips, I highly recommend
The Skinny Confidential
- Hello Sunshine Soaps - July 1, 2015
- Save For Summer With Walmart Family Mobile - July 1, 2015
- Top 5 Things To Do In NYC - June 29, 2015
- Title Nine Fit Fest - June 28, 2015
- Elevate Blog Conference 2015 - June 15, 2015
- Bridesmaid Gift Ideas - June 9, 2015
- June 2015 Desktop Wallpaper - June 3, 2015
- Lemon Berry Cocktail - June 2, 2015
- Berry Green Smoothie Recipe - May 27, 2015
- Breakfast with Mountain High Yoghurt - May 24, 2015