After moving from Blogger to WordPress, the new platform threw me for a loop. EVERYTHING felt different and it look me awhile to get my footing. I just moved Angela to WordPress and she too feels a little lost. So, here I am to show you how to use WordPress!
Publishing your first post
After accessing your WordPress site, you will be shown a dashboard.
To publish/write a new post click on “Posts” in your dashboard on the left and select “Add New”. This will take you to a new post.
Visual Tab: This is how your post will display visually on the blog
Text Tab: This is how your post looks in HTML format
Post vs Page
After clicking “publish” on a post, this will be displayed on your site and on your feed.
A page is a “static” page that does does not appear in your feed. Examples of pages are: contact, advertise, about me, etc.
What is a plugin?
Basically, a plugin extends what WordPress can do for you. To add a plugin, on the left side dashboard click “Plugins”, and select “Add New”. You can search for a plugin or upload a plugin.
Some of my favorite plugins that help me:
Contact Form 7 (you can see an example of this on my contact page)
Yoast SEO Plugin (Easy way to perfect the seo on your posts)
Akismet (blocks spam comments)
I hope that tutorial helps you get to know WordPress a little better. As always, if you have any questions, leave them in the comments!
- Hello Sunshine Soaps - July 1, 2015
- Save For Summer With Walmart Family Mobile - July 1, 2015
- Top 5 Things To Do In NYC - June 29, 2015
- Title Nine Fit Fest - June 28, 2015
- Elevate Blog Conference 2015 - June 15, 2015
- Bridesmaid Gift Ideas - June 9, 2015
- June 2015 Desktop Wallpaper - June 3, 2015
- Lemon Berry Cocktail - June 2, 2015
- Berry Green Smoothie Recipe - May 27, 2015
- Breakfast with Mountain High Yoghurt - May 24, 2015