In this series, I am going to show you how to make money blogging. If you are like me, you find the success of other bloggers to be inspiring. It’s amazing to think that these bloggers have turned their hobby into a full-time career.
Please remember, these bloggers (Pinch of Yum, Moms Make Money, The Daily Positive) have been doing this for a long time. This is not an overnight feat. But I promise if you stick with it, you could actually bring in extra income while blogging.
Sell Ads and Services on your blog
A lot of bloggers are confused as to when to offer ads on their blog. I say, you can start swapping ads for free from Day 1. With Passionfruit Ads, this is easy to accomplish. Within 5 minutes you can be swapping ads with other blogs and shops. They have different paid plans but if you want to try it out, they have a free plans where you can swap unlimited ads, buy unlimited ads, and there are ZERO added fees and NO payment processing. One of the best features of joining Passionfruit Ads is their marketplace. Here you can search through thousands of bloggers like yourself who are swapping ads.
After you feel comfortable swapping ads with blogs and shops, start offering a small banner ad that includes something extra that the free swap ad is not already offering.
For instance, your free swap can be for sidebar banner only. While your small ad space can include a banner ad and a blog mention in a post. Or if you have a strong following on social media, include a social media shout-out.
Really stand out on your Passionfruit Ads profile
You will want your blog to stand out in the marketplace, so make sure you make a great profile page. Heavens to Betsy and Venus Trapped in Mars have great profiles that share a lot of information about what they are offering for their ads and services.
I really like that Venus Trapped in Mars showed her analytics in her profile. She’s got a lot of page views and it shows the buyer that they are going to have their ad seen by thousands.
- You can start getting your blog brand known by swapping ads (AKA buttons) with similar audiences
- Tip: If you are a craft blogger you might not get a lot of traffic if you put your button on a fashion blog. Find other bloggers in your niche!
- Find other bloggers in the Passionfruit Ads Marketplace
- After feeling comfortable with swapping ads, offer a small priced ad with extra services
- Tip: Keep swaps as sidebar banner only
- Offer sidebar banner ad INCLUDING a blog mention and/or a social media mention for a small fee
- Have your profile stand out in the PassionFruit Ads Marketplace
- Share your stats
- If you have a lot of page views, include a screenshot of your analytics
I hope that you enjoyed Part 1 in this series. If you have any questions about this post, leave a comment! I would be happy to help :)